Do I need a motorcycle license to operate Aptera?

Aptera is technically not classified as a car, it’s a motorcycle or auto-cycle. The vast majority of states only require that you have a regular driver’s license to drive a three-wheel vehicle like the Aptera. States that we’re aware currently require a motorcycle license are AK, WY, NY, MA, and ME (check your local laws for clarity). We will work hard to show these outlier states that the safety and ease of use of the Aptera should allow its operation without a motorcycle license.