Reply To: Tesla FSD

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Tesla FSD Reply To: Tesla FSD

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Tesla FSD Reply To: Tesla FSD

• John Malcom

October 13, 2021 at 2:00 pm

Daniel, most of the sentiment here is no or not ready for prime time.

Beta prototype engineering is complete and Beta build underway. The betas will be very close to production vehicles as they will be the vehicles to go through testing. So, whatever Aptera decided on for Level II Driver Support is what we will get if we order driver support in our Apteras. This also applies to the sensor suit. No reason to add sensors that will not be used in an iteration of a vehicle.

I trust the Aptera engineers did a good job of evaluating what was available to integrate in the time frame they had in their Dev schedule. We don’t know what that is yet, but I will be satisfied with it if I chose to order Driver Assist. I have Tesla’s Autopilot enabled in my Model 3 and very seldom use it. I am old school and like to drive my cars myself, one of the reasons I am switching to an Aptera.

Comma.ai requires its own piece of hardware I believe and the latest version of Tesla’s FSD is just starting beta test. With four accidents being investigated by the government where FSD was involved, I don’t trust FSD. My personal belief, neither products were candidates for an Aptera integration at the window of opportunity for incorporation, but we won’t know for sure until Aptera announces it.

The value of the Aptera lies in it being the most efficient ground transportation available in the world. If Aptera does not have Comma.ai and or FSD and that is a deal breaker, then you should buy a Tesla.

I am sure you would be able to find a third party to do a custom integration after you have purchased your Aptera. But for Aptera to expend resources (Time and money) to integrate another piece of hardware and two software applications, one being share ware, for a potentially small group of users doesn’t make good business sense.