Reply To: LiFePo batteries ?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions LiFePo batteries ? Reply To: LiFePo batteries ?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions LiFePo batteries ? Reply To: LiFePo batteries ?

• Curtis Cibinel

October 13, 2021 at 9:03 am

Right now I think the priority is getting the car out; 2170 is more than good enough and is necessary for the 1000 mile range headline grabbing variant. Since I don’t think byd is selling the blade they would need a different lfp form like that from catl and until they have more volume it’s probably an issue to source it. The pack would end up being a completely different piece of design since I don’t think lfp is generally made in cylindrical cells.

That said once they start making cars it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if this is one of the first major things they change since the extra weight of lfp if used for the 250 and 400 would bring battery costs down and put the weights closer making the variations in the suspensions between models less. I suspect it would take 1-2 years. At those sizes the relative weight increases would be about 90 and 150lb resulting in a 5% efficiency loss for the 400 which would result in need for slightly more batteries.