Reply To: Aptera and the Solarpunk movement.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera and the Solarpunk movement. Reply To: Aptera and the Solarpunk movement.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera and the Solarpunk movement. Reply To: Aptera and the Solarpunk movement.

• Ray Holan

October 11, 2021 at 6:19 am

Appreciate your comments on the Aptera marketing decisions, John. I’d be very curious to get a peek at the Aptera marketing plan — what socioeconomic groups, what messages to use for those groups.

For example, I note that the people depicted in the official Aptera promo videos were 20-30 somethings who were camping, surfing, and motoring down California coast highways. I didn’t see anyone in the videos over 50 or grabbing groceries for the week in a crowded urban environment. Yet many reservation holders don’t live in California and the 30K+ purchase price of the Aptera probably puts it out of reach of the average younger buyer who’s moving out of their parent’s house and into an apartment or into their first home.

My own profile is that I’m married, 72, retired, an “early adopter” living in the Midwest, environmentally conscious (e.g. I have solar panels on my roof), car enthusiast (have had sports cars, EV’s, and hybrids), financially I reckon I’d be categorized as upper Middle Class, Aptera will be a second car predominantly for local travel while we’ll use my wife’s Subaru for longer trips.

I don’t recall being asked any marketing type questions when I placed my deposit for the Aptera so I wonder if the company has sifted through the folks who have placed advanced orders and learned what marketing segments there are in the existing customer base so they can target their marketing efforts.