Reply To: What options do you want

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What options do you want Reply To: What options do you want

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What options do you want Reply To: What options do you want

• Curtis Cibinel

October 10, 2021 at 11:29 am

I’ve had 1 power outage in the last 13 years. Really seems like the US grid is a trainwreck; In europe they interconnect countries but the US doesn’t interconnect states. Having your own solar, batteries etc rather than having that be part of the grid is comically inefficient use of resources (electrician time and materials). Until every flat roof commercial building and many open fields are filled with solar it makes no sense to put 20-30 panels on angled home roofs; its only viable due to broken incentives. The point in one of the investor calls that 10000 cars could save 30% of the power in a million person city using V2G is not a great fix. The grid operators can and should buy their own storage (batteries, cryoair, flywheels etc) for this same reason – far simpler and centrally managed.

The solar aspect of the Aptera is nearly useless for me since I park in a garage; I actually kept the base solar on my reservation (also so my god can see out).