Reply To: Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These? Reply To: Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These? Reply To: Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These?

• Joshua Rosen

October 8, 2021 at 1:20 pm

It was a 2017, second generation. I got that consistently on my commute in summer. It was a 60 mile round trip, I would arrive home with 12 miles of range left. I took all back roads, minimized braking and relied on regen braking as much as I could. In my Model 3 AWD I’ve averaged 228Wh/mile over the last 9000 miles and 234Wh/mile for the life of the car. That’s better than the EPA range for a M3 but not nearly as much better than I got on the Volt. Chevy left a lot on the table when they rated the Volt, Tesla doesn’t leave anything. My driving in the M3 is mostly weekend roadtrips which are half highway and half back roads. I’m hoping to get 80-90Wh/mile on the Aptera.