Reply To: Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These? Reply To: Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These? Reply To: Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These?

• Ray Holan

October 8, 2021 at 8:25 am

Hi, George. Happy to hear of your good experience with the Spark EV. I knew I would overlook any number of EV’s prior to Aptera. Embarrassed to admit a good friend of my wife’s owns a Spark EV AND a Telsa Model 3 yet I forgot to add it to the list.

Per your correct comment on the EV1 being a lease only vehicle, I did see “Who Killed the Electric Car” which makes it clear that you’re right. No one “owned” an EV1 with exception of a museum or two. On the EV1 front, here’s a little known factoid: John Wayland grafted an EV1 motor and sundries (have no idea how he managed to get those pieces) into a Honda Insight a few years ago, packed it with lots of lithium-polymer batteries to get a target range of 400 miles. The finished vehicle only weighed about 2800 lbs as I recall.