Reply To: solar cell temperature

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions solar cell temperature Reply To: solar cell temperature

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions solar cell temperature Reply To: solar cell temperature

• Alain Chuzel

October 7, 2021 at 9:00 pm

Yes, 25C/77F is one of the three key things for “standard test conditions” when rating cells/modules/arrays. Although it appears that you do, what most others don’t realize is that it’s the actual cell temperature and not ambient. For a cell to be at 25C when 1000 W/M^2 of 1.5G spectrum sunlight is hitting them would require a LOT of “forced” cooling of some sort. With respect to the 75C number, I would not be surprised if it’s hit in some cases. I’ll look through some of my data from testing solar race car arrays (typically in summer) and report back!

Aptera’s cells really are, more or less, common, flat, crystalline cells. Being IBC type, however, makes them premium ones, to be sure. It’s a great choice for many a reason. In short, however, I’m pretty sure there’s such a thing as a “granular”, compound curve cell. I’ve tried to address this in other threads and hopefully folks will start to get it. Myths can be difficult to extinguish. I’m not trying to be combative. Just accurate.