Reply To: Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These? Reply To: Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These? Reply To: Aptera Spiritual Ancestors — Have You Owned Any of These?

• John Malcom

October 7, 2021 at 7:54 pm

I owned a Lotus Europa in the mid 70’s. In the shop as much as on the road so I hope Aptera does not have any of those genes. It was the best handling care I ever owned and the most fun to drive. Also Honda insight Gen 1. Great car. I consider it the forerunner of the Aptera. Ground breaking technology, two seater, with storage behind the seats, aerodynamic for its time, and light aluminum body. Also a 2012 Nissan Leaf. Disappointing then and still is.

The best engineered car owned was a Toyota Prius. It is now on its third generation. (Me, my daughter, now my grandson) only changed the oil and tires, and did scheduled maintenance. Nothing ever broke on it. Now with 260,000 miles. Those genes I would like to see passed on to the Aptera.