Reply To: Realistic delivery timeline

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Realistic delivery timeline Reply To: Realistic delivery timeline

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Realistic delivery timeline Reply To: Realistic delivery timeline

• Jesse Spears

October 6, 2021 at 2:06 pm

[I’m trying to reply to Joshua Rosen, but replying to his message seems to be picking a different message to reply to]

I hope you’re wrong, Joshua, about the 1000 mile battery version being scrapped. I’ve just placed an order for one 🙂

Using abetterrouteplanner.com to look at some of our common road trips, we _could_ make do with a 600 mile version, but the 1000 mile version would cut about 2-3 hours off a common trip, one way (depending on tweaks to settings). Their data is obviously preliminary (they assume CCS is the only charger Aptera will use, for instance, but I’m hoping they’ll add a Supercharger option as has been hinted at).

For a trip that we make 2-4 times a year, saving 5-6 hours roundtrip is worth the money, at least for us.

Will that still be true when they finally get around to making the 1000 mile versions? I have no idea. But I hope they keep that option.