Reply To: How will the deliveries be done.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions How will the deliveries be done. Reply To: How will the deliveries be done.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions How will the deliveries be done. Reply To: How will the deliveries be done.

• Len Marinaccio

October 3, 2021 at 10:47 pm

I like the idea of straightforward error messages! However I strongly suggest that live data be made available because it allows diagnosis of problems that were not anticipated by the software developers. Case in point? I installed a bunch of temperature sensors at key points in the circulation system of a house I own that is heated by moving hot water throughout. These sensors report to me across the country so I can keep tabs on it. When testing this from 2500 miles away, I noticed an anomaly in temperature near a junction after the circulation pump turned off (also detectable by temperature variances). After some thought, I phoned a relative at the house and asked him to go up to one particular room and bleed air out of the line. He doubted there was any but sure enough there was and afterwards the temp readings were normal.

It was totally unexpected that I would be able to spot such a problem but the live data presented the clues I needed. Using an app called, “Torque” I have been able to do the same thing with the Prius. So I think this would be VERY helpful because some pretty smart people (and maybe even me) could use it and perhaps further the development of new error messages.

All that said, this could be present in a future firmware release as there are bigger fish to fry right now. But using “Torque” as an example of how to make customizable diagnostic screens could offer an easy way to make this happen. If the software in the car is open source, you can bet I’ll give it a shot! If the developers wanted to incorporate it, they could. It would not be the first time for me.