Reply To: Would skin cooling be affected by wrap?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Skin cooling system info Reply To: Would skin cooling be affected by wrap?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Skin cooling system info Reply To: Would skin cooling be affected by wrap?

• john-malcom

October 2, 2021 at 8:15 am

Let me be clear, this is not a response from Aptera engineering but from someone with related experience

I don’t know about the tech for the Aptera approach to the battery cooling issue. They have an innovative, and I am sure proprietary cooling system. I know we will have more information about the specifics as development and testing moves along.

I have this experience working in EV development. It is generalized so as not to reveal manufacturer proprietary information. I am sure it may differ from other sources of this information, but will be in the range +/- some.

EV battery cooling systems are used for three primary things. Of course to make sure the batteries operate in the best range for performance and longevity, and to make sure temperature is evenly distributed across cells.

Temp range for the batteries should be kept between 60 – 95F and the temperature differential between cells between 37 – 39F.

Of course, the type of cell chemistry and geometry of the cells is a factor in battery temperature maintenance as well as the battery control electronics. I trust Aptera to do excellent engineering on batteries and the cooling systems as they have safety as a first principle and will do exhaustive testing to insure optimum operation and safety.