Reply To: Just speculating

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Just speculating Reply To: Just speculating

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Just speculating Reply To: Just speculating

• John Malcom

October 2, 2021 at 7:48 am

Yes, Prices are rising on everything do to supply chain issues and increased labor costs. Certainly the price of used cars and to a lesser extent new cars have gone up considerably.

We need to realize that Aptera is a company. They need to make revenue and generate a profit to stay in business and deliver these marvelous machines. That may necessitate a price increase.

I have confidence in the management team that they will not try to take advantage of the supply chain or other costing issues to raise the price unless absolutely necessary and then only the amount that is needed to cover increased cost of material and labor.

They do not have billions in capital reserves as a cushion to fall back on to hold a price line. They must generate revenue from operations.

Much of the vehicle build is outsourced. I am sure Aptera manufactures some of the components, but “Build” for Aptera is more assemble than build so they are slaves to the prices of their providers.

I believe the value of the vehicle, at least to me, is greater that the current price and will be willing to pay some extra when the vehicle reaches production.

Hans is right. None of us has an order, only a reservation.

Elio is an example. started out at $6,800. then went to $7,400 now “Targeted” at $14,900.

We all will make a purchase determination based on our own value proposition (Cost vs. value)