Reply To: Original discussion: Quality of life and Blind Spot problem

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Original discussion: Quality of life and Blind Spot problem Reply To: Original discussion: Quality of life and Blind Spot problem

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Original discussion: Quality of life and Blind Spot problem Reply To: Original discussion: Quality of life and Blind Spot problem

• Blake Kottwitz

October 1, 2021 at 11:41 am

That blind spot solution would satisfy my worries.

I don’t have nor have I ever driven a car with a rear view camera… but what I have witnessed… proves to me that improvement is available.

I’m just aiming to provide more confidence reversing (Fast ie. Emergency Reversing or Slow ie. Regular Daily Reversing) and least

For evidence Look up Accidents that involve children and toys they chase or ride. where the Child suddenly appears in camera at the same moment the car starts to reverse.

Or

When you need to make a reverse turn (say 90+ degree reverse turn).

Having a 225 degree image from the perspective of right/center/left of the bumper cameras

Will help:

1. Provide one or two+ extra seconds to see a stationary object.

<font face=”inherit”>2. Most reverse cameras only show you</font><font face=”inherit”>.. the bumper </font>immediately behind or in front of it (plus at a rather steep angle from 180 degree line of sight (parallel with the bumper) . (You know the imminent contact zone.) NEVER 1 foot beyond the bumper (horizontally speaking) or into the distance (near horizontally speaking)

<font face=”inherit”>Being able to see your kid or </font>someone’s<font face=”inherit”> kid or fast moving jerk in the parking lot. running/driving fast at your car long before they enter into the general area of your car allows you to stop well in advance of all of the current standard reversing camera systems. </font>

I hope the pictures help more then my words….

as for the tv or image in the back…. I don’t think it is wise to have the rearview angles on 3 distant screens that force you to rotate your head more than 5 degrees (assuming the reverse twist will die… and it should…)

please excuse the funky ADF scan…