Reply To: EV rebates in Canada

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions EV rebates in Canada Reply To: EV rebates in Canada

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions EV rebates in Canada Reply To: EV rebates in Canada

• James Buchan

October 1, 2021 at 4:33 am

The federal governments program is called the “iZEV program”, it gives up to a maximum of $5000 in addition to any provincial incentives a government might offer.

https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transportation/innovative-technologies/zero-emission-vehicles/list-eligible-vehicles-under-izev-program

Here in Nova Scotia, that would mean $5000 from the feds and $2000 provincially, so possibly up to $7000 off if it qualified.

That being said, the Aptera isn’t on the list yet of approved vehicles, nor has it even been approved for sale or certified for use in Canada by Transport Canada, so assuming both of those things will come in time when they actually have a vehicle to certify to CMVSS standards.

I emailed my provincial department of transport and they informed me that the only three wheeled vehicle currently allowed on road in Nova Scotia is the Can-Am Spyder.

Fingers crossed all of that will come in time with certification 😊