Reply To: Aptera Insurance and Financing Info

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Insurance and Financing Info Reply To: Aptera Insurance and Financing Info

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Insurance and Financing Info Reply To: Aptera Insurance and Financing Info

• richard-lutz

September 30, 2021 at 8:40 am

I had the same thought as Steven shortly after I placed my reservation. My thought was, if I had an automatic deduction from my bank account each month, I would have a significant deposit in the year or two until my vehicle is ready. I figured I would be more likely to consistently make the payment and Aptera could set up escrow accounts for those of us who want to do this. Or more likely use a 3rd party to track, secure and maintain the accounts.

I have instead taken responsibility myself by setting up two accounts. I have a low interest zero risk account that get $200 a month deposited and I have a very high risk account that has $200 deposited each month.

Depending on how long until my order is ready and how the high risk investment account does, I will have $3,000 or possibly much more set aside for my down payment.

I know some readers are wondering. Yes, the high risk account is crypto-currency. It has been a crazy roller-coaster, but because I am holding the coins and not trading them the highs and lows seem to be canceling each other out. As I post this the cyrpto account is valued $47 more than the savings account. A few weeks ago it was $300 ahead and when China outlawed cyrpto (again) the value dropped to $100 less than the savings account.

I am not advising anyone to invest in anything. But saving up for what we want is never a bad idea.