Reply To: How will the deliveries be done.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions How will the deliveries be done. Reply To: How will the deliveries be done.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions How will the deliveries be done. Reply To: How will the deliveries be done.

• Len Marinaccio

September 27, 2021 at 2:08 am

I hesitated to buy a Prius for fear that I would never be able to work on it. I now find it pretty simple once I have learned how it works. I believe Apterra will be the same BUT it will require diagnostic tools. The (hopefully) good news? A wide array of problems in a Prius can be diagnosed through the OBDC port with a $25 dongle and an app. I am hopeful that Aptera will use a similar approach. Getting live data from the Prius goes far beyond error codes. Since this is a matter of software and the computer will already have access to almost anything that is happening, I would expect that live data delivery will be provided with Aptera. From there it’s just developing troubleshooting procedures. Not that hard.

The Ranger idea is not bad but there needs to be factory training spun up as soon as cars are being produced. Of course there will be bumps in the road but issues of maintenance need to be allayed as fast as possible to prevent nay-sayers in the media from stigmatizing the Aptera. On the positive side of that, I expect Aptera to issue press releases about the improvements planned for the second generation not long after the first generation hits the streets – showing that they are ahead of the game.