Reply To: Friends and family reaction to Aptera. Do you have a story?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Friends and family reaction to Aptera. Do you have a story? Reply To: Friends and family reaction to Aptera. Do you have a story?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Friends and family reaction to Aptera. Do you have a story? Reply To: Friends and family reaction to Aptera. Do you have a story?

• Heidi Strayer

September 26, 2021 at 5:57 am

I mentioned during a family zoom that the Aptera was back and I’d plunked down a deposit on one. I can’t say anyone in my family was surprised, it’s par for the course for me. We pulled up photos from the Aptera website and I was happy that my dad pepped up and asked me a myriad of technical questions concerning the car. Then he asked when I thought I’d get mine. ” I’m hoping third or fourth quarter 2022″, I replied. He then said wistfully, “I’d sure like to be able to take a ride in it.” At that point there was silence, all of us scrambling to come up with an appropriate response. You see, dad has advanced stage Pancreatic cancer that he’s been fighting for close to a year now, and unfortunately slowly but surely losing. We’re hoping for one last Christmas with him.

My sister quickly changed the topic, and we signed off shortly after that. I’m sure all of us had a good cry afterwards. I’m careful not to mention the car anymore in family gatherings. It’s just too painful for everyone involved at this point.