Reply To: What options do you want

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What options do you want Reply To: What options do you want

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What options do you want Reply To: What options do you want

• Ray Holan

September 25, 2021 at 8:38 am

Well spoken, John. Eyes on the prize. The scope creep that might occur in an attempt to address all possible options would delay production. That said, I think it’s wise to cast a wide net and hear about all the things we who are waiting for Aptera production are craving.

One issue I haven’t seen addressed in any of the discussion threads is the NVH (i.e. noise, vibration, and harshness) of the vehicle.

I was going to introduce NVH as a separate thread, but haven’t been able to figure out how to do that. if anyone can point me to the instructions on how to start a new thread/new discussion, I’d appreciate it.

Anyone who has driven or been a passenger in an EV knows that the absence of ICE in an EV makes road noise and the hum of the electronics easier to hear. I have owned an early 2000’s EV called the Gizmo. It was a lead-acid, three-wheeled single person EV with a fiberglas body. That experience taught me that there is a real symphony one can hear in that environment. I know the Aptera body is some sort of sandwich construction which should be much quieter than a single layer fiberglas body. Nevertheless, I’d be curious to hear how NVH is being addressed by the engineers. BTW