Reply To: Geographical location concern

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Geographical location concern Reply To: Geographical location concern

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Geographical location concern Reply To: Geographical location concern

• Robert Klasson

September 25, 2021 at 5:00 am

I live in Sweden. We get about 2000 h of sunlight each year, but only about 200 of those hours are during the winter. I typically drive about 10000 miles/year, and the solar calculator has me charging just a couple of times a years with full solar. It probably doesn’t take into account the uneven distribution of sunlight though. I will probably get more than I need during the summer and will need to plug in a couple of time a month in the winter.

I plan to get the full solar to make the most out of the sun we get. I also plan to get the 400 mile version to be able to store an extra week or two of range, even though I would probably get along just fine with the 250 mile version. I hope I can transfer any excess energy produced with full solar in summer to my wife’s regular EV using the built in AC-outlet and our granny cable.