Reply To: Width of car and European roads

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Width of car and European roads Reply To: Width of car and European roads

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Width of car and European roads Reply To: Width of car and European roads

• Titus Meusel

September 23, 2021 at 9:50 pm

Hi Peter, thanks for doing all these. I am probably as hooked by this car as you are. There are so many design aspects and fun following the engineering efforts that make me want this. Actually I did designs on Aptera as well (see my forum account). Only because of that I tried to evaluate how the car fits into my neighbourhood with mostly 2-meter-parallel parking. To illustrate this: I lost side mirrors of my Peugeot 206cc and have seen cyclists kicking of the mirrors of a car because they feel offended by … I guess the space cars claim in central Hamburg. But there are Teslas as well over here. So you are absolutely right: Sizewise the Aptera is comparable to a Tesla and before I was more in the market for a Honda-e (wich was a concept beauty but has mediocre figures). Since Aptera is addressing homogenisation issues for Europe I stop commenting on the width subject and stay curious on what they might come up with.