Reply To: Laminar Flow and cooling

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Laminar Flow and cooling Reply To: Laminar Flow and cooling

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Laminar Flow and cooling Reply To: Laminar Flow and cooling

• John Malcom

September 22, 2021 at 12:13 pm

I am not sure why this post was directed at me, or what this has to do with answering Richards question. I am also not sure what our credential posturing achieves on the forum. But, here is mine.

My first two degrees were in physics and I did my post doc work at the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Lab in Yorktown Heights and Cambridge MA, probably close to where you live. As you may know, researchers at the IBM Labs are not allowed to hold patents, IBM is the filer and owner. I left IBM as a Senior Vice President of R&D at the time when the Federal Systems Division was sold to Lockheed Martin and went on to be a Senior Vice President of Technology at Citi Bank. I lived and worked in China for seven years so am very familiar with their enterprise culture and in fact admire their model and wish we could match it. My wife is PRC and currently a professor of math at the University of Florida. She is PRC Chinese to the core and always a reminder of their culture.

I don’t think that Aptera management are neophytes with regard to China business. The original Aptera IP was sold to a Chinese company and Aptera Founders got it back. Also, the CFO has a Chinese background and, based on her credentials, quite an astute business person. I do not believe that China will be able to take unfair advantage of Aptera.

I certainly support your concern about protecting Aptera IP. But I trust Aptera management to balance protection with the transparency they have shown about sharing their technology, allying enthusiasts concerns, and answering questions.

So let’s trust Aptera management to manage their business and make the decisions on how to respond to questions. We have different backgrounds and our experience is not necessarily applicable to their business which in itself (Aside from the vehicle) is innovative and breaking ground.

Feichang ganxie nin