Reply To: Apteras Union ?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Apteras Union ? Reply To: Apteras Union ?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Apteras Union ? Reply To: Apteras Union ?

• George Hughes

September 22, 2021 at 10:18 am

I can claim only 70+ years of ‘experience’ but I know that the Aptera represents a paradigm shift in auto making in much the same way that making changes in how we as a people address the massively critical issue of climate change and carbon reduction needs reform.

I understand how the influence of established power of both the legacy auto industry including its worker institutions have written the laws to aid their specific interests.

That said, I support the current proposal and scheme in large part because it carves out a budget allocation for the task.

Still, objectively, there are better ways to accomplish the stated goals; ways that provide more bang for the buck in the expenditure of yours and my tax dollars. That long experience tells me that it is always easier to reallocate appropriations than get them passed in the first place.

Certainly, the current law – assuming it can even be passed – is better than what we have now but won’t get us where we need to go. In automotive terms, it is at best a 20-mile range Prius hybrid in the road to electrification when what we really need a 1000-mile Aptera that runs totally on power from the sun.

Reminds me of a ditty from my childhood. “Good, better, best, never let it rest, ’till the good gets better and the better gets best.”