Reply To: Laminar Flow and cooling

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Laminar Flow and cooling Reply To: Laminar Flow and cooling

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Laminar Flow and cooling Reply To: Laminar Flow and cooling

• Richard Palmisano

September 21, 2021 at 12:07 pm

Climate, cooling, etc.

If you look at other EVs, there is a multi-junction valve (Tesla octovalve for instance) that diverts cooling and heating respectively to batteries and climate system.

John, I’m not saying that they do not have a plan, have engineered a solution, but it’s a new technology in regards to being applied to the automotive space. As someone who want’s to be an initial adopter, with a low allocation number, I have questions about the systems of the vehicle.

This isn’t confrontational, it’s not saying the engineers are dolts, it’s not saying it won’t work.

I have seen most of the information presented and understand the approach using the skin as a radiator, but I have also researched the viability of laminar flow in relation to heat/cooling transfer and what’s good for aero is not necessarily good for heat/cooling transfer.