Reply To: New Tax Credit Bill

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions New Tax Credit Bill Reply To: New Tax Credit Bill

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions New Tax Credit Bill Reply To: New Tax Credit Bill

• Joshua Rosen

September 21, 2021 at 9:37 am

Goliath didn’t have an assault rifle. Nobody gave Goliath an additional advantage over David which is why a little shepherd boy was able to defeat a giant because he introduced better technology, i.e. a sling. I’m all over this forum and I’m completely positive in most of my posts, this is the one area where we strongly disagree with each other. Aptera is already running this race while forced to wear cement shoes, they are at a $7500 disadvantage with respect to everyone except Tesla and GM. In this bill they are layering on more cement, the disadvantage jumps to $10,000. How can they overcome that? Not only do the legacy companies have their massive natural advantages, huge development budgets, lot’s of giant factories, thousands of dealers, none of which are available to any startup. But now Congress is handing them a giant price advantage. I just don’t see why you aren’t as concerned as I am about how this effects Aptera’s prospects. Tesla will survive it, they already have about 70% of the US EV market even though they are at a $7500 disadvantage, this bill makes it a little better for them, but it’s an existential threat to Aptera and any other startup that isn’t Tesla.

x

Ride With Jay Leno Behind the Wheel of Aptera