Reply To: Lucid EV

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Lucid EV Reply To: Lucid EV

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Lucid EV Reply To: Lucid EV

• joshua-rosen

September 20, 2021 at 11:00 am

If I were in the market for a luxury car the Lucid would be at the top of my list followed by the EQS. The Model S would be disqualified because of the yoke steering wheel, not just the shape of the wheel but the fact that the directional indicators are buttons on the wheel instead of a stalk. The only reason to buy a Model S would be in the Plaid edition by people who are serious about drag racing. The Lucid Air is a true luxury car which the Model S is definitely not. It will be interesting to see the comparisons with the EQS which is the gold standard for luxury. My personal reason for preferring the Lucid over the Mercedes is that I’m a tech guy not a car guy, I also don’t have any appreciation for luxury. Peter Rawlinson has impressed the hell out of me, as has their focus on producing the smallest, lightest and most efficient drive units.

At 520 miles of range the lack of Supercharger access is negated. In places where there are 350KW EA chargers the Lucid is going to be able to charge like a bat out of hell and in places with broken CCS chargers it will have enough range to get to the next charger. As I’ve mentioned before in our discussions of range on the Aptera, I think that any vehicle with a real world range of 450 or more will be able to do any day trip without the need for DC charging. If you pick your hotels correctly you should also be able to do long multiday road trips without DC charging. For people who want to barrel down an Interstate at 80 MPH and cover 1000 miles in a day, this car will do that with ease, EA doing a pretty good job of covering Interstates and within a year or two they should have filled in their major holes.