Reply To: Airless tires and Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Airless tires and Aptera Reply To: Airless tires and Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Airless tires and Aptera Reply To: Airless tires and Aptera

• Paul Evans

September 18, 2021 at 2:44 pm

I checked the Michelin website which says they will start distributing airless tires in 2024. They’re going to be equipping a fleet of cars in Las Vegas for real-world testing. Also, they’ve already tested them with GM on the Bolt.

A quick check on Tire Rack reveals they offer tire and wheel packages for the Bolt. The wheels have a 5 bolt wheels range from 16 to 18 inches with a rim width from 7 to 7.5 in. Wheel offsets range from 38 to 40 mm.

A typical tire size for 18in rims is 215/55R16. A typical 18in rim tire size is 215/45R18

There was a good discussion on tire sizes on the old forum centering on aspect ratios and comfort but I don’t remember the details.

With the information above, someone may be able to contribute better information than I could.

Oh, one other thing, the Beta version information on tire sizes may change since Rousch has worked their magic on the suspension ……