Reply To: Lew Later of Unbox Therapy

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Lew Later of Unbox Therapy Reply To: Lew Later of Unbox Therapy

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Lew Later of Unbox Therapy Reply To: Lew Later of Unbox Therapy

• George Hughes

September 15, 2021 at 11:39 pm

You forgot Transportation evolved which I understand is a reservation holder and eager to get and use an Aptera and has actually ridden in one 🙂

I think that Aptera fans can be cool in responding critically on the public comments from these media about the inevitable reviews of EVs like the Hummer or Lightening based on their EPA MPGe rating. In this commentary I would not mention Aptera but rather just push the idea of the first principle of efficiency.

While noting a failure of many vehicles on that principle, I would concede that in specific applications remote construction, vehicles in this segment are suited for the task. But the pickup truck – even an EV pickup – fails on the grounds of gross inefficiency in personal transportation. It fails on the first principle of efficiency.

And we all know we need to promote real efficiency; particularly in personal transportation; particularly in suburban and exurban locales where distances for necessary travel are greater than in the most urbanized places.