Reply To: Delayed ???

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Delayed ??? Reply To: Delayed ???

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Delayed ??? Reply To: Delayed ???

• John Malcom

September 14, 2021 at 2:37 pm

They are designing/engineering/building to those standards and of course will test to those standards. Why take time to engineer and build to those standards and not test to them? Wasted time and resources.

The pressure they are under is their public commitment to test and pass full auto safety standards as an autocycle. I would not make a claim like that without being pretty sure that I could pass, especially as a startup with everyone in the auto industry watching and hoping for failure. Also, since the claim is public, a lot of credibility lost if you don’t test, and if you do test, and not pass the test.

Even though there is little hard engineering information public, I believe (Believe not know), from what is public, they will pass and do better than some vehicles (EV and ICE) currently on the market.

I am not sure that industry or the market will give them the credibility points they deserve for that accomplishment though

I worked as a consultant for a large car company penetrating the EV market in there engineering process and quality group. They have a number of safety issues at the moment. I would give Aptera a better chance of passing safety standards that this other company with the current line of vehicles.