Reply To: Stella Vita – Super efficient Solar assisted RV

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Stella Vita – Super efficient Solar assisted RV Reply To: Stella Vita – Super efficient Solar assisted RV

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Stella Vita – Super efficient Solar assisted RV Reply To: Stella Vita – Super efficient Solar assisted RV

• John Malcom

September 13, 2021 at 5:45 pm

Oh Peter, this thing is really ugly! Looks a little like a cockroach with wings when the solar cells are extended. I know, I know, shouldn’t judge by appearances

Seriously, it looks a little spartan inside but that is ok in a European camper. Looks like it will go a little more than 400 miles on a sunny day. In Europe that is L O N G distance. I lived in Germany, England, and Scotland. We didn’t have too many sunny days, especially in Scotland. Italy, Spain a different story.

It is not production ready and as the article states, is not designed with the required safety features. Hats off to the college students for such an accomplishment and hope they do well in the competition.

As for Aptera, they would build it if there was a good business case and market for it. They would engineer it extremely well and it would be built quickly and efficiently. They have a range of vehicles coming out, camping kits for one of them would work. If Aptera decided to do it it would be available long before 10 years passed