Reply To: Instant plugin (Amazon Alexa) smart module for ONLY 20 bucks

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Instant plugin (Amazon Alexa) smart module for ONLY 20 bucks Reply To: Instant plugin (Amazon Alexa) smart module for ONLY 20 bucks

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Instant plugin (Amazon Alexa) smart module for ONLY 20 bucks Reply To: Instant plugin (Amazon Alexa) smart module for ONLY 20 bucks

• John Malcom

September 8, 2021 at 6:39 pm

As in our previous discussions, the strategy for marketing Aptera is not life style, but values based. Hopefully you viewed the video where Sarah was explaining the strength of that approach. This is the approach selected by the CO-CEOs. But for arguments sake lets look at this from the life style perspective. Here is some data from research on the matter

– 80% of the mobile phone market is Android based; 20% is iPhone or other; 0% is Echo/Alexa based (Not a mobile phone OS)

– 23% of new car buyers say they “Must have” Apple Car Play and 56% say they are “Interested” in Apple Car Play

– 30% of new car buyers say they “Must have” Android Auto

– 52% of U.S. and 62% of Europeans support Android Auto

– The new Ford Lightning Pickup will have Apple Car Play

– 0% of new car buyers are interested in Alexa in their new car. HOWEVER, here is a bright spot for Alexa/Amazon, major car makers are interested in and are imbedding some Alexa functionality in the vehicles software.

So life style….. nobody can argue that mobile phones are not a life style fixture in our lives with brand loyalty almost religious. Mostly we want to be able to use our Apps anywhere even in the car. Thus, the life style enthusiasm for Apple Car Play and Android Auto. What we see on the phone shows up on the screen in our car.

Of course not so with the Alexa Auto Device. HOWEVEVER again, if someone wants Alexa, in their Aptera, the team has made sure they can have it through the Bluetooth connection. But, since they are comparatively such a small minority, there is no reason for Aptera to go to any extra effort or expense to provide “Alexa” with an Aptera. The marketing draw of such an offer would be small at best.

I am not sure why Aptera decided not to include Apple Car Play or Android Auto with an Aptera, but I trust their insight and decision. Speaking from my past life in applications development I am sure I would not want to perturbate my software baseline and especially less than 120 days before deliveries are to start.

You can connect Alexa using their hardware or on a phone both through Bluetooth. For the relatively few that want this capability they can buy the Alexa device and or the projector and use then in their Aptera without Aptera making any changes to integrate them and provide them directly