Reply To: What’s your Aptera evolution?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What’s your Aptera evolution? Reply To: What’s your Aptera evolution?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What’s your Aptera evolution? Reply To: What’s your Aptera evolution?

• Fanfare 100

September 8, 2021 at 4:23 pm

Now that you mention that, I should share with you some of my own observations. I have a 5-passenger Mitsubishi Mirage. I can easily drive to New Jersey from Virginia and back on the same piddly tank of gas and have driven between Ottawa and Delaware on one tank. The best gas mileage I’ve gotten is > 64 miles per gallon, and it’s not even an hybrid.

Ah, but then when I loaded it up with 2 more passengers and the AC on at full blast and an whole lot of luggage and musical instruments where it actually looked like a low-rider, I only got 47 miles per gallon and actually had to gas up once.

So, this is what I think may happen with Aptera’s future 5-seater sedan: You might actually get those 50 miles per daily charge, if it’s only you in the car. But if you load it up with the entire fam and your pet and the harp and that set of drums and and and … then you’ll likely get 30 miles per day on such occasions. I’m just extrapolating from my experience with my itty bitty trusty beloved 3-cylinder Mitsubishi Mirage.