Reply To: Instant plugin (Amazon Alexa) smart module for ONLY 20 bucks

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Instant plugin (Amazon Alexa) smart module for ONLY 20 bucks Reply To: Instant plugin (Amazon Alexa) smart module for ONLY 20 bucks

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Instant plugin (Amazon Alexa) smart module for ONLY 20 bucks Reply To: Instant plugin (Amazon Alexa) smart module for ONLY 20 bucks

• John Malcom

September 8, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Many enthusiasts requested Apple Car Play or Android Auto going back to the previous forum posts. Of course these are the dominant apps for autos with nearly everyone having an iPhone or Android phone. Some surveys show these apps preferred over the manufacturers infotainment systems. The answer from Aptera was no, only Blue Tooth connection, at least for the first Aptera iteration. With Blue Tooth I believe you can connect the Echo Auto if needed or wanted in an Aptera . I have the Alexa App on my iPhone so no need for another Echo device when I am in the car if for some reason I want to access Alexa. For those that prefer Android Auto, I think they may be out of luck now and in the future as I heard that Google will stop supporting their auto app.

As for a projector, I suspect very low demand and perhaps best as a third party product or DYI for those interested as there have been no requests for such a device in either this or the former forum and the camping option is a subset of the overall demand for an Aptera.

Perhaps some analysis to validate the value proposition of these ideas might be useful to help Aptera Management assess them with respect to other recommendations for enhancement and set an appropriate priority for implementation