Reply To: How late to change requested battery pack size?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions How late to change requested battery pack size? Reply To: How late to change requested battery pack size?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions How late to change requested battery pack size? Reply To: How late to change requested battery pack size?

• Ozman

September 7, 2021 at 5:06 pm

The process hasn’t been released yet, When production hits, Aptera only mentioned the first four production runs 400s / 250s / 600s / 1,000s. I do not recall if any total numbers were mentioned. I find it highly unlikely they will try to build out the total reservations at that time. I would expect a limited number of vehicles in the first 5-6 months, (40? 100? 400?) that should include all variants. They mentioned that the 1,000s would be challenging to fit the batteries into, but that a long wait was not expected. (I believe they mentioned 1-2 months behind the others.) I would expect all of those first vehicles to be limited to either the San Diego area, Southern CA, or all of CA. After that I would expect them to expand production and area availability. It would make sense that they will contact reservation holders, in whatever order they end up using, to finalize all the details, range included. The notion of the 1,000s being much later doesn’t really make sense, but if you are worried, you could change your preorder to a 400, and when they contact you, make any adjustments then, and take whatever fits your timeframe.