Reply To: Aptera, Just in Time Vehicle for Our Times!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera, Just in Time Vehicle for Our Times! Reply To: Aptera, Just in Time Vehicle for Our Times!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera, Just in Time Vehicle for Our Times! Reply To: Aptera, Just in Time Vehicle for Our Times!

• John Malcom

September 7, 2021 at 6:45 am

Hard to have solar panels on his roof as he lives in a condo.

Many people live in multiple unit housing where solar is not an option. But if you live in single family housing you don’t think about that. In the area where I live many high rise condos and apartments have standby generators because the probability of outages is high with hurricanes and severe storms. I live in a single family house on a beach in FL. I do not have solar as the area we live in is evacuated anytime we have a severe storm come through. Probability that roof solar would be blown away in these storms (Roofs are lost all of the time) is high.

We, as ,many do here, have a Generac tied to our natural gas that works great during outages. Of course we don’t have to deal with the cold that you do, but it is hot and humid during the most active part of the hurricane season and we wimps need our air-conditioning