Reply To: What options do you want

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What options do you want Reply To: What options do you want

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What options do you want Reply To: What options do you want

• Henry DeGrazia

September 6, 2021 at 5:29 pm

Option for a built in 1 1/4″ hitch mount in rear center square behind the Aptera symbol that would allow small trailer to be attached.

Putting a couple of muddy mountain bikes in the back while possible is not all that appealing. Also it would be nice to be able to pull a couple of kayaks, a canoe or a “rooftop” carrier on longer cross country adventures. A small trailer would also allow someone to haul a small amount of material like lumber which I typically strap to the roof of my Bolt destroying the aerodynamics, but it avoids having to use the pickup truck and on the short infrequent journey it is not really an issue.

Option for a bidirectional charger so in an emergency the battery can be used to run emergency power to house for a short while.

Having to avoid buying a backup battery would be worth 1/2 the price of buying an Aptera. I’m looking at ~ $20k for a similar sized backup battery.

A manual override switch.

It seems that everything is getting hacked these days and I suspect someday it will happen to computers controlling autos so it would be nice if the electronics start acting irregularly you can flip the switch and safely bring the car under control and perhaps limp along with minimal capabilities.