Reply To: What Options Would You Want?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What Options Would You Want? Reply To: What Options Would You Want?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What Options Would You Want? Reply To: What Options Would You Want?

• jon-baker

September 5, 2021 at 4:55 pm

I want to second, third, and tenth what Dan and John have said. I’m terribly excited, not so much for my Aptera, but for ANYONE’S Aptera. Can there be a celebration when the first customer- intended Aptera rolls out of production? I’d show up for that.

A sort-of whimsical thought exercise for the future. Can enough autonomy be put into the vehicle to give it solar tracking capabilities?! Can it shift positions slightly, every hour or so, for the rear deck to follow the sun, with sensors to make sure there’s room? Tracking adds 10-25% to the output of solar panels. I’ve seen articles dismissing the Aptera’s solar capabilities as gimmicky, saying that solar should only be on roofs of buildings. Tracking could make the Aptera’s panels MORE efficient than roof mounted arrays. Just a thought.