Reply To: Thoughts on meeting European regulations

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Thoughts on meeting European regulations Reply To: Thoughts on meeting European regulations

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Thoughts on meeting European regulations Reply To: Thoughts on meeting European regulations

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

September 5, 2021 at 1:16 pm

old forum had ideas like changing the seating layout, from what i rerember one of them was making the front end narrower for weight and areodynamics by assuming occupants always have their legs in a arrow position (imagine looking from above car), thus allow narrower front end that eventually widens toward the middle of car to accommodate the wider thigh and hip and shoulder part of people. im not sure how that would be ergonomically in terms of the need to spread legs apart. this is like ariel atom 4s.

another one was this steering wheel alternative: https://www.aptera.us/community/discussion/wheel-yoke-or-stick/ which would alow full range steering with no need to move arms around as much at least for more sudden maneuvers.

in the drawing: driver laterally in center of car and passenger behind him facing the rear. such could be doubled to create 4 seater, where it would have advantage vs normal 4 seater with less mass and potentially better areodynamics, and heater/AC works more efficiently in smaller spaces. the arrow represents wind flow going from under car, looping in between passenger and driver before flowing toward end of car, as a cooling method assuming batteries or combustion battery or a hydrogen thing sits there. i guess it could be applied in a boat too. this woudl also give a more mid engined sport car handling even with 3 or 4 passenger.

another was seating position sort of like the electric nissan deltawing GT concept,similar to GMA T.50. it would be wide but maybe the overall teardrop shape would pay off

Wheel, Yoke, or Stick?