Reply To: New solar vehicle

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions New solar vehicle Reply To: New solar vehicle

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions New solar vehicle Reply To: New solar vehicle

• John Malcom

September 3, 2021 at 12:51 pm

Joshua, of course they will (“Build it and they will come”)Aptera must build the 1000 mile version as it is there strongest tag line in their marketing approach as it is the “Reason” for their obsession for efficient design. Also if they reneged on building the 1000mi version they would be subject to accusations of misleading advertising with possible legal consequences, (Nicola and Lordstown Motors) and of course, lose credibility in the market.

WRT the 250 mile version, that range is considered the current “Standard” for an EV to be practical and all that is needed for urban and suburban EVs users. More important, it is engineered to be at a price point that is reachable by almost all new car buyers. They can buy a 250mi Aptera and get all of Aptera advantages, both tech and social responsibility, while driving a cool car.

Much like when I was young, I could buy a brand new car (VW bug) for $1200.00!!!! I guess that sure dates me.🙁