Reply To: Lightweight, Highly Efficient EVs

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Lightweight, Highly Efficient EVs Reply To: Lightweight, Highly Efficient EVs

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Lightweight, Highly Efficient EVs Reply To: Lightweight, Highly Efficient EVs

• George Hughes

September 2, 2021 at 3:00 pm

The problem with the Bose system is if you put it on, say a Cadillac, yes, it would ride better than any other car but then it probably rides better anyway, given its size and engineering.

Traditional automakers typically introduce innovative tech on high-end luxury models but since. at the high end, ride is already superior, the value of an active suspension is a more marginal improvement.

And manufacturers of big, profitable luxury cars surely don’t want active suspension on a smaller car in their showrooms because it becomes disruptive to the price, size, value, comfort equation.

So Joshua, you’re right. This tech is perfect for the EV industry. I wasn’t suggesting that it be incorporated in the initial Aptera to hit streets but rather the advantage a light-weight three-wheeled vehicle has in cost and implementation.

I mean it may not be the ‘best’ active suspension setup but the single wheel implementation could get you in the active suspension game very quickly and at the lowest cost with only one wheel involved.

That said, I’ve got a relatively high level of expectation of what the final suspension system will do after Rousch worked it magic and this is not a recommendation of change on the introductory model.