Reply To: Choice of battery manufacturer and chemistry

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Choice of battery manufacturer and chemistry Reply To: Choice of battery manufacturer and chemistry

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Choice of battery manufacturer and chemistry Reply To: Choice of battery manufacturer and chemistry

• rich garlick

August 31, 2021 at 8:38 am

watching the aptera videos early on, the founders seemed to instill some nda covered collaboration with bigger ev concerns. hoping they employed Telsa’s approach to partner with bigger OEM’s. you may or not be aware but tesla collaborated with Toyota and Mercedes and made it possible for said OEM’s to manufacture and sell EV’s in California. otherwise, those 2 companies would have been locked-out of California for New Car Sales for some time. GULP ! the toyota rav4 EV and mercedes B250E are of what i speak. these are not GREAT cars because they are COMPLIANCE cars. but my belabored point is HOPEFULLY Aptera has gotten Elon Musks attention and is getting Telsa’s help. i think they may have an NDA for FSD and Batteries. if not, they need to get an audience TODAY. Elon wants EV’s to be successful. Elon helping Apterra out would be merely paying it forward and continuing to make his job easier. consider this: elon had to give up 3,500 motor /drivetrains to Mercedes for them to make 2014-2017 MB 250E in the middle of the Model S ramp. that HAD to hurt. he did a similar thing with Toyota for the RAV4 EV before that….the aptera has the possibility to become REALLY GOOD. i just hope they don’t use a crap 3.3kW charger or Fe batteries. so far, they have come down on the side of efficiency and cost. i expect them to continue this but hope they see the wisdom in keeping SOME important base options. time will tell……exciting to watch Aptera and the whole EV market grow IN GENERAL.