Reply To: Charging Stations

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Charging Stations Reply To: Charging Stations

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Charging Stations Reply To: Charging Stations

• Dan Stevens

August 30, 2021 at 7:54 am

I really don’t understand this argument.

15 minutes of supercharging your Tesla will net you 150KW charge rate / 4 (15 min) * 4 m/KW = 150 miles range added, sort of at best.

15 minutes of charging an Aptera will net you 50KW charge rate / 4 (15 min) * 10 m/KW = 125 miles added.

Not that much of a difference and reality is, most Teslas don’t charge at 150KW rate when adding 150 miles, making the charge times reasonably equal for the same mileage.

Now, faster is always good. That I can agree with, but if your Tesla charges fast enough, Aptera is close to the same effective rate.

A 3.3KW charger would be a deal breaker for me. This destroys the concept of charging overnight and effectively ruins public level 2 charging. Yes, I would get enough range for day to day driving, but at some point, an additional pound or 2 ( or 10 ) is a better tradeoff. This is one of those times.