Reply To: Realistic delivery timeline

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Realistic delivery timeline Reply To: Realistic delivery timeline

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Realistic delivery timeline Reply To: Realistic delivery timeline

• Joshua Rosen

August 28, 2021 at 9:18 am

Charles. You stand a chance of getting your car in 2022 but not in Q1, optimistically (maybe wishful thinking) Q3. By choosing the 400 mile FWD version you’re in the first queue. I don’t think they will ever produce the 1000 mile version, they’ve said that will require a redesign. The 1000 mile battery will weigh 400-500lbs more than the 600 mile battery and it has almost zero additional value over the 600 mile version. The 600 mile version crosses the threshold where you’ll almost never need to supercharge it, the only way you can do more than 500 miles in a day is a very long day’s drive on an Interstate and they haven’t built a human bladder yet that’s big enough to do that trip without multiple stops. The 250 mile version presents no technical challenges but it’s strictly a price play so they might never offer it because there won’t be enough margin. That leaves the 400 and 600 mile versions, they are doing 400 first, don’t know if there are any technical challenges that will delay the 600 mile version. The 600 mile battery will weigh 200-250lbs more than the 400 mile battery, hopefully the suspension as it is will be able to handle that. I’ve reserved a 600 mile AWD, if AWD pushes the delivery date way out I might be willing to switch to the FWD because I think of the Aptera as a summer car, but I’m not interested in the 400 mile version because it does less for me than my Model 3 which although it has less range than the Aptera it has access to the Supercharger network and it charges fast enough that the charging time seldom exceeds bathroom time.