Reply To: Realistic delivery timeline

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Realistic delivery timeline Reply To: Realistic delivery timeline

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Realistic delivery timeline Reply To: Realistic delivery timeline

• John Malcom

August 28, 2021 at 9:00 am

Glen, I think most on the forum do not question that the vehicle will “Sell” I believe that most of the concern, at least mine anyway, focuses on the ability to ramp up production while maintaining quality for a first time manufacturing effort, for a newly designed vehicle, in facility(s) yet to be fitted for production, and with new hire production people. It is a daunting task. Even Tesla, the current king of EVs had a difficult time at first.

I believe the Aptera is a couple of orders of magnitude easier to manufacture than any Tesla model (Less complicated design and engineered for production as well as efficient travel) I believe Aptera will come up the learning curve quickly.

By virtue of the Monroe authored process, and the leadership of the new VP of procurement and production(Experienced an successful), I think they will do better than most, but still a difficult task to keep on a schedule that will satisfy their waiting enthusiasts and a critical market anxious to discredit any prospective rival that might take market share.

I will reserve judgement on the end game until the Delta Prototype (Production ready) is released (Hopefully on schedule) and we see first unit production rates in the early months of 2022.

Aptera will be judged in the market on Sales, Production (On schedule at forecasted volume), and First Time Quality. All four have to be spot on to be judged a success by potential customers and the market.

In a past life I did a lot of R&D competitive analysis. I am doing that now (for fun – yes I am a little geeky in my retirement) between Aptera and a U.S. competitor that is scheduled to deliver to the market in the same timeframe as Aptera. Also a first time in the vehicle market entrepreneurial enterprise. The competitor is ahead at this point with Betas built and tested and manufacturing planning and implementation well along the way. The competitor has had a lot of senior management turmoil, a big negative at this point in their business operations. Aptera has consistent, successful management, which in the long run, is the biggest discriminator for success.