Reply To: Aptera Delivery Schedule

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Delivery Schedule Reply To: Aptera Delivery Schedule

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Delivery Schedule Reply To: Aptera Delivery Schedule

• paul-evans

August 27, 2021 at 9:52 pm

Here’s something to consider….

I was looking through the preadsheet yesterday for an answer to another post and stumbled upon this little nugget:

Q – How many mold sets do you plan to have when in full production?

A – 20

So I have a follow-on question I’d to hear about – Is that 20 for a single production facility, or, 5 for each of 4 facilities, or 10 at 2 facilities.

Then I recalled a web-cast with Nathan Armstrong who described their ramp-up plan. I no longer have the web-cast & I don’t remember the exact figures, but he said something like they’ll get 1 or 2 out in December, 5-7 in January,10-15 in February, 25-30 in March, 60-75 in April, 120-150 in May, 250-300 in June, 500-750 in July, and full production (800-1000) in August. Again, those numbers are not accurate but an estimated recollection.

So if they’re bringing on two mold sets per month, the numbers above don’t seem very out of line. With Covid, supply chains, chips and other unanticipated events throwing everything out of whack, they might be hard-pressed to get to full production by the end of ’22.

I can at least dream of getting my Aptera before ’23, can’t I? As for full disclosure, I’m awful at remembering numbers. ????