Reply To: Governed top speed set at 110 mph; why not 125 mph?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Governed top speed set at 110 mph; why not 125 mph? Reply To: Governed top speed set at 110 mph; why not 125 mph?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Governed top speed set at 110 mph; why not 125 mph? Reply To: Governed top speed set at 110 mph; why not 125 mph?

• George Hughes

August 26, 2021 at 8:24 pm

I think the maximum speeds one has run often has to do with their geography and culture. I mean, the southwest and even the southeast are home of stock car racing and often long, flat straightaways that young men, certain of their immortality, often go beyond the double-nickle numbness of urban and suburban life.

Speed limits are in the 75-80 mph range and many highways are literally alone in the middle of a forest or plain and it is not uncommon for folks to let the hammer down in either a momentary lapse in moderation or a moment of exhilaration.

I think probably my interest here, as an investor, is that it beat the number-one selling two-seater – the Mazda Miata. It waxes it in acceleration, efficiency, I hope comfort and handling but not top speed.