Reply To: Realistic delivery timeline

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Realistic delivery timeline Reply To: Realistic delivery timeline

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Realistic delivery timeline Reply To: Realistic delivery timeline

• John Malcom

August 26, 2021 at 12:55 pm

You can see an estimate (At year level) for your delivery by looking at your order on the site. Of course your reservation (Not an order for the vehicle) is shown and so is the projected year for your delivery assuming you went through with your order.

I believe this is best case as pointed out in this thread for many reasons, parts availability, schedule slippage on progressing development vehicles to production ready, and mostly because starting up a production, distribution, and support structure from scratch is d _ _ n hard.

Encouraging is that they now have someone on board to shepherd that activity who is both experienced and has been successful in the past. Hopefully Aptera will support that activity with budget and resources (People).

I have participated in this kind of effort in the vehicle and aerospace industry as a Six Sigma Process Consultant. Getting it right with few defects takes time even with the best people, facilities and processes.

In the legacy auto industry there is a saying that you don’t want to buy/drive a vehicle in in first model year following a refresh as it takes about a yea to work out all o f the kinks and defects of the build process. With Aptera, it is a new vehicle, new procurement and manufacturing process in a new facility and no established support infrastructure for after sales support.

So…I may not be bad to have delivery of an Aptera down stream.