Reply To: When are they going to do a road trip

Front Page Community Aptera Discussions When are they going to do a road trip Reply To: When are they going to do a road trip

Front Page Community Aptera Discussions When are they going to do a road trip Reply To: When are they going to do a road trip

• Dan Stevens

August 25, 2021 at 10:14 am

I’m still waiting to see the doors open and close. Clearly they do, but I haven’t seen it in a video yet and I know they just spent a lot of time recently working on that mechanism.

I’ll be happy when I start seeing some of their test drives on streets rather than just parking lots. I know, the cars so far are Alpha, perhaps with some of the Betas we will start seeing more real world usage, including some road trips.

I somewhat doubt any of the preproduction cars have the larger battery in it for long road trips, but realistically, any road trip would speak volumes about the car.

At the same time, I’m sure the wonderful people at Aptera are wanting to do this as well. They are living and breathing making this happen, but don’t want to do it before the vehicle is ready to do it.

We’ll all have to have a bit of patience, they are collecting solar rays as fast as they can……..