Reply To: Choice of battery manufacturer and chemistry

Front Page Community Aptera Discussions Choice of battery manufacturer and chemistry Reply To: Choice of battery manufacturer and chemistry

Front Page Community Aptera Discussions Choice of battery manufacturer and chemistry Reply To: Choice of battery manufacturer and chemistry

• John Malcom

August 23, 2021 at 3:05 pm

It looks like from the battery tech update recently posted to the forum that Aptera will manufacture their own batteries using some proprietary design. This however, does not negate the concern about acquiring a steady state of materials to manufacture their batteries sufficient to support their product schedule/volume. Still a concerning issue for me.

Also concerned that they are procuring the battery materials from a founder’s company who is also a major voting stock holder. A little to much “Fox in the hen house” for me

A little disappointed in the battery tech presentation. Not many specifics at a point closing on production. I know they don’t want to give away the farm on their innovative approach, but it is time for some detail and specifics not just touting multidisciplinary systems engineering and integration.. That topic more suited to a discussion on R&D methodology.