Reply To: From Japan, an underdeveloped EV country

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions From Japan, an underdeveloped EV country Reply To: From Japan, an underdeveloped EV country

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions From Japan, an underdeveloped EV country Reply To: From Japan, an underdeveloped EV country

• MITSUYA ENDO

August 23, 2021 at 6:33 am

Good morning. birosen. Your comment is at the heart of the matter. Currently, I see Model 3 and PEUGEOT “occasionally” in my living area. In particular, Model 3 seems to have increased domestic sales since the price cut in February. The point that “American cars are not accepted in Japan” is due to the Japanese belief that “legacy makers such as GM and FORD are inferior to Japanese makers” in addition to the sense of size you pointed out. But when it comes to EVs, the position is reversed. After all, it is true that pickup trucks are difficult to use in practical use, but if it is a sedan or SUV of mid size or smaller, there is room for entry into the market “now”. As for the charging standard, as you pointed out, Japan is becoming a galapagos. However, as with Tesla, we are dealing with it with an additional adapter. I have a solar panel and a storage battery installed at home, and I have confirmed that a dedicated charger can be installed with TESLA.

In any case, the ideal form of EV for me is APTERA.